公告:为给大家更好的使用体验,同城网今日将系统升级,页面可能会出现不稳定状态,由此给您带来的不便,敬请谅解!
升级时间:2016-7-24 11:00 -- 2016-7-24 15:00

澳洲同城网

查看: 2160|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[教育补习] Mandarin programme sweet for region’s kids

[复制链接]

主题

金豆

积分

Lv1

性别
保密
积分
金豆
鲜花
主题
帖子
注册时间
2018-6-4
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-7-13 12:59:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式 来自: 上海

马上注册,结交更多同城好友,享用更多功能!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Hundreds of pupils in Wairarapa are embracing the Chinese Language and culture, thanks to the four Mandarin Language assistants based in Wairarapa.
South End School principal Clare Crawford had seen first-hand the benefits of having one of the teachers in the classroom from her time at Kahutara School, but said it was the first time Carterton had been given the opportunity to have one.
The four teachers came to the region as part of a scheme organised through the Confucius Institute at Victoria University, in partnership with Xiamen University.
“I thought, ‘Let’s apply and see if we can get them to the Carterton area’,” Crawford said.
“The idea is we give the students a taste of Mandarin.
“They’re sharing their language and culture, and in turn [they] get a taste of our life as well.”
The scheme means children could get exposure to a language most schools wouldn’t ordinarily have the budget to cater for.
The schools responsible for hosting the language assistants are Featherston School, Solway College, St Mary’s School and Opaki School, but Crawford said 16 schools across Wairarapa were reaping the benefits of the scheme, as the four teachers travelled among participating schools.
“It’s amazing for our small area,” she said.
Crawford said her school was “very fortunate” to have 25-year-old Jinting Wang teaching at the school for the 2018 school year.
Wang, a student majoring in teaching Mandarin as a second language, said she loved the countryside scenery which came with living in Wairarapa.
She and the other three assistants had only briefly met in Beijing before coming to New Zealand in January.
But the foursome became fast friends and even went on a tour of the South Island together last term break.
While Wang was enjoying her new-found New Zealand life, she was still getting used to a few cultural differences.
For starters, she was amazed by the variety of sauces Kiwis put on their chips, and hadn’t quite mastered Kiwi English yet.
“Funny eh, cool eh – I can’t understand what the ‘eh’ means,” she said laughing.
She said the children she taught were “curious” about everything she had, ranging from the shoes she wore to the type of computer tablet she had.
“Every time I come to the classroom I think maybe I should bring something different.”
She has shown the children photos of sights they had never seen before, including a photo of the Forbidden City in Beijing, which astonished them with the symmetry of the buildings.
She said the classrooms in New Zealand were quite different from China, with children in New Zealand being able to sit on the mat and move around as opposed to being stuck behind the same desk all day.
Wang said Chinese schools also had a different teacher for each subject, even at a primary school level.
She had been teaching the pupils Mandarin through games and songs, including the Mandarin version of ‘If you’re happy and you know it’ for a special school assembly.
Crawford hoped people would realise the “wonderful opportunity” this was for the region and hoped to see the programme continue to grow.
“We can’t thank Confucius Institute enough for what they’re doing for us.”
免责声明
澳洲同城网是一个免费的公共信息平台,网站内容由网友自由发布,发布者拥有所发布信息的版权同时承担相应责任; 若所发布信息侵犯了您的权利,请反馈给澳洲同城网,我们核实后将进行相应处理!
官方微信公众号
澳洲同城网官方公众号
微信上也能找工作,找房子?关注万能的同城网官方公众号 localsyd,找到你找不到!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

外汇平台
金牌家政
汽车网

wuliu
你想了解我们吗?
联系我们
关注我们
官方微博 官方Facebook 官方Twitter